Hi! I'm Dionne Ruff-Sloan and I'm a Natural Rhythms Creation Coach and Elemental Forces of Creation Oracle Practitioner. I've devoted most of my adult life to connecting with nature and step up as a Creation Coach a few years ago. I absolutely love being of service to women craving a more nature based system of supporting their dreams and goals. I call myself a Tea Priestess because I have a passion for tea and the deep connection to self it offers when given a sacred spot in your day. I'm amazing at deep listening, helping you re-frame limiting beliefs, and guiding you to clarity. You’ll probably be surprised & delighted by how many pop culture references I use to help your understanding.
Even More About Me (The Long Version)
1. My kids rock my world. I've been blessed with a daughter and a son born on the same day 12 years apart. My daughter is an amazing artist (she's done most of the artwork for my website) and my son is well on his way to becoming a Lego Master Builder.
2. I lived in Europe for nearly 5 years; a bit under 2 in Italy and a little over 3 in Germany. It was a glorious time before the euro and 9/11. My favorite memories include dropping my daughter off at the bus stop for school then taking the train to Florence where I sat at a cafe people watching while writing in my journal; dancing under the stars in Italy while watching fireworks to celebrate the new millineum, and going to the Christmas Market in Germany at night and enjoying a warm cup of gluhwein while listening to the slightly tipsy Germans sing Christmas carols. In fact, I've always tried to recreate the feeling of those Christmases in Germany since then.
3. I'm a geek...not as much as I would like to be but pretty big time. I love watching cartoon, anime, and reading comic books (the Jem & the Holograms reboot is amazing!). For my comic book addiction I give full credit to my hubby. The early days of our relationship consisted of picking up our paychecks from Little Ceasar's Pizza Pizza, picking up our comic subscriptions, getting some linner (lunch/dinner combo) then reading our comics in companionable silence. We used to think of ourselves as Gomez and Morticia Addams and in 2013 we finally dressed the part.
4. I've been known to use TV, movie and geek pop culture references when explaining elemental concepts. I also dive deep into the spiritual life of a cartoon character in a drive time discussions with my daughter.
5. Speaking of dressing up, I enjoy cosplaying and wish I could do more of it. My favorites to date include Maleficient (left) and Pinup Pinkie Pie (right). I love closet cosplay (using items in my closet to emulate characters), disneybounding (closet cosplay of disney characters) and retro pinup style.
6. I consider myself a hobbit very much the way J.R.R. Tolkien described them. I have a deep love beautiful things: growing things, wild places, rich experiences, foods, desserts, vibrant colors and luxurious textures. Just like the Hobbits, there is something a bit "Took-ish" in my make up that finds me in a push/pull relationship with wanting adventures and wanting the comforts of home.
7. I'm the mommy to 1 doxie and "other" mommy to another doxie. I say "other" mommy because the tiny battle sausage is deeply in love with my daughter looking to me only when my daughter isn't home or when she's upset with my daughter after coming back from not being at home.
8. I love Goddess deeply. I see her inside of me and all around me; not just archetypally but real, breathing and alive.
I resisted her calling for a long time but I've come to accept this as part of who I was born to be. In December 2008, I ordained as a Priestess in the lineage of Nicole Christine and in 2016 I'll emerge as an Alchemical Creation High Priestess. As Priestess, I believe everything you do; creating a meal, an art project, managing your household, running a business, or creating your life is a sacred act infused with your own spark of divine magic.
9. I love music alternative bands of the 80's holding a special place in my heart. A dear friend came to visit me in Georgia so we could go to the
Billy Idol concert together...we kicked it old school!
10. I love making things with yarn via knitting and fabric via sewing. I love the transformational process of infusing my spirit into yarn and fabric to make gifts for people I love. When I hold a new skein of yarn or a piece of fabric in my hands it makes me think of what Michaelanglo said it "every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is up to the sculptor to discover it."
Even when I'm using a pattern, even when I've made the same thing more than once there is some alchemy there; my spirit, my desire, my intention infused with yarn or fabric creating something new. Divine Feminine receptivity connected with Divine Masculine action creating something new. This is sacred union in right relationship at its best.