What ever you're going through
Where ever your life journey is taking you today
What ever you've had to do to get to where you are right now...
You are exactly what is needed.
I need you to shine.
I need you to shine because some times I loose my way.
Because some times life gets me so far down I can't see the light
and I need you to guide me back.
I need you to shine so I can see how it's done.
You in all your imperfect perfection dearest
You are exactly what I need to shine
Sunrise in my backyard
I've been kicking around today's Wishcasting for a couple hours now thinking about what inspiration do I wish to follow. Even after visiting some of my fellow wishcasters, I was still getting nothing.
Then I remembered about two weeks ago, Amanda at Kind Over Matter featured a video from Fabeku Fatunmise in which he talks about when we live our awesome life, we give people 'permission via osmosis' to live their awesome life too. If you haven't seen it, please take the 6 minutes and let it fill your heart.
Anyway, I like to think inspiration works the same way. When I follow the inspiration of my highest self~my Goddess self, I give others permission to find and follow inspiration too. And the quote from 6th US President John Quincy Adams really touches my heart as I move closer to opening the doors to The New Temple of Goddess.
So today and every day, I wish to follow the inspiration of my Goddess self and live in a way that inspires others to dream, live, do and become more.
I wish to give others 'permission via osmosis' to follow their most inspired lives.
Yesterday morning I sat in the front yard with my journal. The rhythm is definitely different with people getting themselves ready for their work day and kids in new clothes toting full backpacks waiting for the school bus to come rumbling in. It's the start of the new school year; a fact I had completely forgotten as I decided our school year won't start until September 4th. I'm so glad I have the privilege to home school!
Talk to any home schooling parent and you'll get loads of different stories as to how they got started and what their reasons were. I'm no different. Today I thought I'd share my top five:
1. Bullying. My first experience came about five years ago when once enthusiastic, learned daughter started coming home from middle school not wanting to go back. Every day was a fight with her to get her up. Turned out she, and the 17 other multiracial kids, weren't 'black' enough or 'white' enough for the school bullies.
Despite our repeated attempts to get the Principal to do something, it never improved. After weighing all the options I chose to home school her. She blossomed again. She decided to return to public High School and felt much more confident to stand up for herself against bullies.
I noticed kids in the Pre Kinder classes were bullying our son, so back to home school he came!
2. Experiential Learning. Budget and program cuts leave school little room to bring the what the kids are learning to life. That means no field trips and limited hands on experience. I know I enjoy things most when it's an experience. Why shouldn't my child's learning be an experience too?
3. Personalized Schedule. Being a Priestess, its part of my calling to honor cycles and rhythms. Home schooling allows us to work within the cycles and rhythms of our family life. My son has a set morning schedule and a set afternoon schedule as those are the times he's most receptive.
Bonus: because we're not bound by a school calender, we've been able to take advantage of off season vacation deals.
4. Choice of Learning Materials. Last year my son was in love with Thomas the Tank Engine. As a result we did lots of academics around trains. This year he loves Legos. I get to take something he already loves and apply school subjects to it in a fun way. I can also incorporate subject requirements into real life situations. I think more of the learning 'sticks' that way.
5. Individualized Learning Style. We all have a different learning style; audio, visual, or kinetic combining in a multitude of levels. Home schooling allows me to tailor the learning experience to my child's learning style and what he wants to learn.
My daughter has graduated and is now on to college and there may come a time when my son decides he wants to go into school. We'll look at our options and decide what's best then. Meanwhile, I will fill myself with gratitude for the blessing this has been for me.
Oh my beloved
At the start of this day,
I open my heart, mind, & spirit to you.
With every breath I am filled
with your strength, wisdom & abundance
At the start of this day,
I open my spirit eyes to find you within every one and every thing
As I move through this day I know
I am united with the rhythm and flow of life
May my words and actions serve as a reminder that
I am a powerful magician with the ability
to create the world I want to live in
And when life brings challenges and difficulties
may I stand with fiery determination to speak
and act from a deep heart centered place.
Because whether I label it
good or bad, every situation comes from you
And is for my spiritual growth.
And So It Is!
Today I offer some of my favorite music and videos that have fed my spirit through out the week. Soul Food. I hope your spirit is fed by them as well.
I'm Dionne, a Natural Rhythms Creation Coach and Elemental Forces of Creation Oracle Reader. I teach people how to tune into to the power of the elements and rhythms of nature to design a life they love