Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.
Maintaining a relationship with Goddess requires the
same care and attention I would give to any one I value
in my life. I invite her into my home often in the form of fresh flowers, sunlit windows or just opening my front door and
inviting her to be with me in this space.
Often I find Goddess inviting me out to her. I am very
fortunate the area I live in has many parks with wooded
trails to wander around on. When I venture out to observe
the changes Mama Gaia goes through in my part of the world,
I take my nature bag. I keep it filled and ready to go whenever
she beckons me.
Items in my nature bag include:
* A blank book journal: My current one is made from scrap leather.
* Field guide to wildlife in our area. I found some laminated cards in our local bookstore. Easy to carry and the pictures are great!
* Pen and/or colored pencils. I make notes about what birds, trees and plants I've discovered.
* A camera or camera phone. Super important to remember: stop and make notes in the blank book then the page is ready for pictures to go right in.
* Bottle of water and a snack. Some times I find myself carried away with the beauty I find and this serves the purpose of coming back into my body and grounding.
I often take my kiddo out and he includes some fun goodies
of his own:
* Spy Glass
* baggies or other treasure storage containers
I hope you will pack a nature bag and be carried off on
your own Gaian adventure.
I'm Dionne, a Natural Rhythms Creation Coach and Elemental Forces of Creation Oracle Reader. I teach people how to tune into to the power of the elements and rhythms of nature to design a life they love